Background Photo Credit:
Martello Towers, Kingston, ON
- Background Reading & Research
- Arts and Culture in the Metropolis Strategies for Sustainability [PDF] - 148KBMcCarthy, Kevin F., Heneghan Ondaatje, Elizabeth and Novak, Jennifer L. (2007). USA: RAND Corporation.
- Arts and Ecological Sustainability Report [PDF] - 217KBIFACCA (January 2009). This report provides examples of good practice in supporting artists or arts organisations with creative and practical responses to ecological concerns. The research was undertaken in collaboration with Arts Council England, which was looking to identify potential partners with whom to develop its own work in this area. This report contains a commentary and analysis of the responses to the D’art query from IFACCA’s network written by ACE’s John Hartley, and includes background and context, a full digest of responses, and links to information resources.
- Mapping the Terrain of Contemporary EcoART Practice and Collaboration [PDF] - 167KBCarruthers, Beth. (2006). Ottawa, ON: Canadian Commission for UNESCO.
- Social Sustainability and the Art of Engagement—the Small Towns: Big Picture Experience [PDF] - 167KBMaureen Rogers (La Trobe University, Australia). (April 2005). Local Environment, Vol. 10, No. 2, 109–124. USA: Routledge: Taylor & Francis Group Ltd.
- Arts and Culture in the Metropolis Strategies for Sustainability [PDF] - 148KB