Who Are Our Members?
CCNC members live and work across the country in the arts and culture sector. Over the years, the Network has expanded to include three distinct types of member: Municipal, Organizational, and Individuals. Together, members support the sector’s growth through programming, planning, and funding arts across Canada.
“Being able to contact colleagues for advice, accessing the work of the Cultural Statistics Strategy, and attending CCNC Summits has strengthened the work of our City of Saskatoon Arts and Culture Team.”
– Saskatoon, SK
Local Government: Municipalities and Local Indigenous Government represent the mission and history of CCNC’s work and are comprised of culture, heritage, recreation, and economic development departments of Canada’s communities including towns, cities, regions, districts, and the like. Local-level government work in arts and culture is the cornerstone to our Network’s purpose. Each municipality offers our Network a unique and valuable perspective on culture work.
Organizational members include local and provincial arts councils, funding bodies, special interest networks and hubs, provincial and federal governments, post-secondary programs in arts administration, cultural policy, and local government, arts service organizations, public art and consultancy firms, and key festivals and events.
Individual members are individual consultants, artists, retired culture workers, and students. These members enjoy access to the Network’s contacts and programs and also contribute a unique perspective to a growing understanding of culture work in Canada.
- Online Members Portal profile & unlimited associated accounts for all municipal employees
- Full, free access to Library of toolkits, research, projects, and more
- Members-only discussion board access to directly connect you with colleagues across Canada
- Access to National Calls
- Post jobs, public art calls, and other opportunities to the Classifieds page for free
- Buy-in to the Culture Statistics Strategy
*Upon approval from PCH
- Subscribe to bi-monthly Creative City News e-newsletter and receive Members News emails
- Special members rate on Creative City Summit registration fees
- Apply to present at a Creative City Summit
- Vendor Insurance discounts for municipal events through Duuo Insurance
- Sit on committees, join working groups and consortiums
- Vote at the annual general meeting (1 vote)
- Opportunity to join board of directors
- Bid to host a Creative City Summit
- Submit funding application to host a CCNC Regional Meeting
- Offer local culture organizations membership bundles (25% Off coupon available)
|Tier 1Population > 600K
|Tier 2Population 300-600K
|Tier 3Population 100-300K
|Tier 4Population 50-100K
|Tier 5Population 10-50K
|Tier 6Population < 10K
Members of Les arts et la ville receive 75% off of CCNC municipal membership. Contact [email protected] for details.
Regional and District Governments receive 25% off when a municipality within their borders is a CCNC member in good standing. Email [email protected] to confirm your qualification for this discount.
*These benefits are updated to reflect new structures and frameworks implemented January 1, 2021. For more information on changes, visit Help.
Where the action is.
CCNC committees help run our Network’s programming and planning. They are a great way to connect with colleagues across the country and expand your portfolio.
Consider volunteering for a committee.
Development in your field.
CCNC programs range from public access to exclusive members access. Programs focus on connecting members and mutual learning. Members enjoy:
- The return of the Creative City Summit.
- A new podcast series;
- Virtual Regional Calls;
- National Calls for Members;
Now more than ever, data on the quantitative and qualitative impacts of culture is vital in protecting the sector. CCNC is a partner in the Department of Canadian Heritage’s Culture Satellite Account (CSS). This project works with Statistics Canada to mine data on the economic impact of culture in Canada – both from a GDP and employment lens. CCNC offers its municipal members the opportunity to buy-in to this invaluable partnership.