Website Vernon Community Arts Centre
The Arts Council of the North Okanagan is searching for an experienced manager for the Vernon Community Arts Centre. This position will take a leadership role within the local and regional arts and culture community. The Vernon Community Arts Centre (VCAC), located in the heart of the Okanagan, is a vibrant and established art centre offering classes for all ages in glass, clay, fibre, visual arts and music. For more information, please visit our websites: www.vernonarts.ca and www.acno.ca.
The ideal candidate will bring a mix of innovative thinking, marketing and business expertise to the position, promoting the arts centre and its activities. The successful application will have a passion for community arts initiatives and arts education and the ability to motivate a team to deliver dynamic programming ideas that connect with a diverse community. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the manager is responsible for contributing to the development of the strategic plan, implementing the overall vision and managing the organization.
• Oversee the management and administration of the Vernon Community Arts Centre
• Manage all aspects of human resources including hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring
• Align team priorities with business objectives and strategic goals
• Collaborate with instructors and staff in creating innovative programming and marketing plans
• Establish high standards for the delivery of arts programming and client service
• Analyze market trends, consumer needs and the competitive landscape
• Develop and monitor operational, marketing and promotion strategies
• Develop and facilitate fundraising activities and events
• Prepare grant applications for operating and project funding
• Provide support to users of the facility
• Participate in community-based arts and culture events
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Post-secondary education in administration or related field
• 3 years experience in business administration
• Proficiency with Office 365
• Experienced in preparing grant applications
• Skilled in team leadership
• Ability to adapt to an on-demand work environment that requires flexibility and versatility, including occasionally working evenings and weekends
Remuneration: 35 hours per week | $25 to $28 per hour depending on experience.
Please apply to Barb Keith at [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.