Website Place des Arts
Full‐time, 10‐week contract, Monday to Friday
Start date: June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021
Rate: $19 / hr (35‐hour work week)
Place des Arts is seeking an enthusiastic hybrid camp coordinator who will provide a safe and engaging experience for our summer camp participants attending our hybrid programs in-person and online. This is an excellent opportunity for students who have an interest in working with children and youth and want to gain experience in arts administration, education or the not-for-profit sector.
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts.
Reporting directly to the Fine and Performing Arts Programmer and working collaboratively with the Summer Fun Day Camp Coordinator, the Summer Fun Hybrid Camp Coordinator (SFHCC) will facilitate all aspects relating to hybrid camp participants, teachers and volunteers during our six-week Summer Fun! Art Camp, for students ages 5 to 14.
Camp Coordination and Administration
The SFHCC will provide the following administrative support for the Summer Fun camps:
• Track registration numbers according to camp class;
• Ensure that all client information and medical notes are complete;
• Communicate with teachers regarding their needs and requirements for the Summer Fun program;
• Oversee and troubleshoot online aspect of hybrid camps
• Coordinate room set-ups and technical needs for each week of the program;
• Manage supplies and coordinate student supply kit packaging and pick-up;
• Assist with Summer Fun teacher and volunteer orientation sessions;
• Prepare weekly nametags for camp participants;
• Prepare weekly documents including attendance lists and sign-in sheets;
• Communicate with clients to ensure that program information is shared in a timely manner;
• Develop engagement activities for camp participants during transition times;
• Complete a comprehensive final report for the Summer Fun Hybrid camps
• Oversee camp counsellors/volunteers as needed.
Camp Operations (July 5 – August 13)
The SFHCC will provide the following front-line support for students, families, teachers and volunteers who are involved with the Summer Fun! Art Camp:
• Ensure the safety and organization of up to 50 camp participants per day;
• Ensure the camp runs on schedule by supervising class transitions and lunch break;
• Manage camp participant sign-in and sign-out throughout the day;
• Ensure behavioural policies are followed by camp participants;
• Previous experience coordinating children or youth programs
• Previous experience coordinating and supervising volunteers
• Ability to relate to children and teens
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Well organized with attention to detail
• Capacity to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently and with a small team and to exercise initiative
• Approachable and flexible with an eagerness to learn
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities
• Must have a flexible work schedule to accommodate additional hours as needed
• Proficiency in MS Office, navigating the Internet, hosting Zoom meetings and the ability to use new software
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• Must have valid First Aid Certification by position start date
• Must have a Police Information Check completed upon hiring
To be eligible, participants must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with children with special needs
• Proficiency in a second language: French, Korean, Mandarin or Cantonese
Please submit a résumé with cover letter and references by March 1, 2021 to:
[email protected], 1120 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam, BC V3K 1G2
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.