Reporting to the Facilities and Administrative Coordinator, the Facilities and Technology Assistant will work closely with the Place des Arts programming team to provide first-rate technological support to our staff, instructors and artists. This position will help to coordinate the delivery of our online programs, events and performances using various technologies and equipment including Zoom, website platforms and recording/sound equipment. Other core responsibilities include maintaining the physical and virtual room set-ups and equipment and overseeing the facility rental and maintenance schedules. Our team values creativity and a collaborative approach to learning. Flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts is required.
- Use and maintain a variety of technologies, platforms and equipment to assist with the production of the highest quality virtual program offerings available to engage our arts community.
- Research and report on virtual learning and technology approaches within the arts sector.
- Train and respond to instructor and artist inquiries for technological support.
- When necessary, facilitate online lessons, classes, events and performances.
- Troubleshoot minor IT issues and liaise with the 3rd party technology providers.
- Oversee facility bookings and room set-ups for classes, events and rentals.
- Maintain fixed asset inventory.
- Schedule and liaise with contractors to maintain facility spaces and infrastructure.
- Assist with building security procedures, and the maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Technology Expert: computers, tablets, smartphones, video cameras, sound and recording equipment.
- Command of the Zoom videoconferencing platform.
- 3 to 5 years of experience using Office 365 applications, with an extensive knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and to think critically.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative.
- Team player.
- Approachable and flexible with an eagerness to learn.
- A composed and collaborative work style.
- Exceptional project, time and information management skills.
- Video production experience, including image and audio editing, camera and sound equipment operation and camera direction, is an asset.
- Arts knowledge/background is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is an asset.
- Experience with recreation management software, ActiveNet is an asset.
- Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector.
- Ability to work in a shared workspace.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and to assist with facility maintenance and room set-ups for events.
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter, résumé, and references are required and must be submitted by April 11, 2021 by email to: [email protected], attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director. Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
$22.62/hr plus 12% in lieu of benefits. This is a temporary, one year contract (37.5 hours/week) with the potential of becoming a permanent, full-time position with benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.