Place des Arts is seeking an enthusiastic, creative fundraiser and skilled administrator to join our vibrant organization. You are a self-starter with a keen interest in the arts who is committed to advancing Place des Arts’ vision, mission and values.
PLACE DES ARTS
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts. Our Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and our events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing together diverse members of the community to experience the arts.
Supporting and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for managing all Place des Arts’ fundraising initiatives and activities, as well as providing administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Develop and oversee an annual fundraising strategy
- Manage all aspects of the fundraising process, from research and initial approach, to grant writing, budgeting, evaluation and reporting
- Solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships and donations from the private sector and individuals
- Coordinate all aspects of a major donation campaign (e.g., an online auction) including donation requests, donor recognition, marketing and managing the auction website
- Manage in-kind gifts for the organization including tracking and recognition, be the first point of contact for donors on the phone and in-person
- Proactively build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Maintain relationships with funders and coordinate funder recognition programs
- Keep abreast of best practices in fundraising in the arts sector along with funding initiatives and government policies and changes
Administer the Place des Arts Endowment Fund
Work with the Financial Coordinator to issue charitable tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines and regulations
Maintain accurate records and files for fundraising initiatives
Provide support to the Executive Director with stakeholder engagement and other administrative tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A degree or certificate in fundraising, non-profit management or a related field, or an equivalent of experience and formal training
- At least 2-3 years related experience
- Superb writing and communication skills
- Experience writing grant applications
- An ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of community resources and funding bodies
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of standard Microsoft office software
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience writing policy is an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Knowledge of WordPress Content Management System is an asset
- Police Information Check with a vulnerable sector check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Ability to work from home
HOW TO APPLY
A cover letter, résumé, writing samples and references are required and must be submitted by April 11, 2021 by email to: [email protected], attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director. Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours/week) with an annual starting salary of $50,500
Benefits include extended health, Municipal Pension Plan, three weeks vacation and 12 paid sick days per year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.