Place des Arts is seeking Student Learning Support Workers to supervise and support our campers for our upcoming Summer Fun! Art camp from July 2 – August 9, 2024. If you’re a dedicated, empathetic and qualified professional, we want to hear from you!
This is a full‐time, 6‐week contract requiring the candidate to be onsite Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM-4:00 PM (35‐hour work week). (subject to Canada Summer Jobs funding)
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts.
Reporting to the Fine and Performing Arts Programmer and working collaboratively with the Camp Coordinator and Student Learning Support Team, the Student Learning Support Worker will assist Place des Arts staff and teachers with supervising and supporting camp participants with support needs and/or behavioural challenges to create an equitable and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Work cooperatively with Camp Staff and teachers to create a weekly support schedule to ensure all identified students are supported.
- Visit identified classrooms in the centre to assist students who require positive behavioural support in the classroom, during transitions and breaks.
- Provide verbal status reports regarding student support to the Camp Staff Team.
- Reinforce Place des Arts’ “FISH” policy behaviour values:
- Follow Instructions
- Include Everyone
- Show Respect
- Help Each Other;
- Assist with ensuring safe student arrival and departure.
- Reinforce Place des Arts’ health and safety protocols.
- Provide engagement activities during break times throughout the day.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Completion or working toward completion of a Special Education Assistant Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent education and/or work experience).
· Previous experience working with children aged 5-14 with support needs and/or behavioural challenges in a field related to education and/or childcare.
· Approachable, patient, caring, friendly, dependable, committed, responsible and adaptable.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to evaluate a situation and determine what action to take.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities.
· Proficiency in a second language (French, Korean, Farsi, Mandarin or Cantonese) considered an asset.
· Must have valid First Aid Certification by position start date.
· Must have a Police Information Check completed by position start date.
To be eligible, participants must:
· Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
· Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment, and
· Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Positions will remain open until filled.
Please submit a résumé with cover letter to:
[email protected], 1120 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam, BC V3K 1G2
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.