City of Regina
The City of Regina is seeking visual artists with waste reduction and environmental impact-oriented practices to engage a diverse range of local audiences. Emerging and professional artists are invited to submit proposals for a long-term installation of wall-mounted work at the Waste Management Center in Regina. The new facility will host several educational tours, making up the core audience.
The art piece should resonate with Saskatchewan (prairies) and should provoke thought about the impact of daily habits/actions on the environment. Some themes to consider include human impact on our natural and built environments, our connection to convenience, and the waste legacy from our daily habits. Artists are encouraged to consider single-use plastics as a medium, and proposals may include multi-sensory, tactile and/or kinetic components.
The space is 50” high, by 82” wide.
The maximum total budget for this project, inclusive of materials, travel, artist fees, and installation is $35,000.00 CAD
Proposals must be complete for consideration. All proposals should include the following:
- colour rendering of proposed piece
- one sentence project summary
- project description including how it resonates with Saskatchewan and how it relates to waste reduction and environmental impact
- description of how the work will engage audiences
- logistics and technical considerations, including size, weight, dimensions, installation method, and other information such as required electrical outlets or other technical needs
- mounting method
- images – up to 6 images of past works
- artist bio/CV
- optional: further documentation, such as website and social media handles
Eligibility: Artists residing in Canada
Deadline: February 26, 2021
Installation: Summer 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.