Artist in Residence Program - Call to Artists for Expressions of Interest
City of Guelph
The City of Guelph invites professional artists or artist teams to submit Expressions of Interest to be selected for the 2018 City of Guelph Artist in Residence program.
Community engagement is at the heart of this program, which is open to artists practicing all art forms including visual, literary or performing arts, architecture and design, or media arts such as sound, video or photography.
This call follows a two-stage selection process, the first being an Expression of Interest. The total all-inclusive 2018 program budget awarded to the selected artist is $6,500. This is not a live-in residency.
- creatively animate public space(s) – indoor, outdoor and online
- provide opportunities for artists to engage with the public and showcase their creative practices
- broaden the community experience of the arts
- contribute to placemaking and civic pride
Scope of work
The artist’s project for this collaborative, community-based arts initiative should engage the residents and visitors of Guelph, add significance to civic spaces, and promote an appreciation of contemporary art practices.
Expressions of Interest should outline the project concept briefly and indicate if the project is intended for a specific location.
While the artist’s process is as important as the resulting artistic products, projects should produce an outcome such as, but not limited to, a temporary installation, performance, recording, collection, creative collaboration, exhibition or community experience that can be shared and celebrated with the public.
- March 2, 2018 – Stage One submission deadline
- March 13, 2018 – Selected candidates invited to apply for Stage Two
- May 4, 2018 – Stage Two submission deadline
- May 8 – 11, 2018 – Review of submissions and interviews (Applicants are asked to reserve these dates in their calendars.)
- July 1 – October 1, 2018 – Approximate residency period
Please visit https://guelph.ca/living/arts-and-culture/special-projects/airprogram/ for details and how to apply.