Cultural Practices and Strategies in the Digital Realm (Online)
UBC Centre for Cultural Planning & Development
The workshop includes topics related to the specificities of the digital realm, digitalization of arts and cultural heritage, digital entrepreneurship in the arts, online business models, online marketing techniques, digital audiences and their influence on arts products, copyright challenges as a result of digitalization, digital partnership strategies, and policy support for digitalization in the cultural sector. The workshop places a special emphasis on the connection between cultural policy, organizational strategy, artistic creation, and ongoing audience involvement in the context of the digital realm.
On completion of the workshop you will:
- Be able to differentiate between various digital strategies and tools applied in the arts and culture sector.
- Be familiar with diverse concepts and innovative practices of organizations, networks, and individual artists in the digital environment.
- Be equipped with practical tips for creating, promoting, and disseminating diverse digital cultural projects and products.
- Understand the economic and social impact of digitalization of cultural practices.
- Have access to diverse online platforms and collaboration tools and increase your international networks.
- Be aware of the success factors and failures behind diverse innovative ideas and artistic projects in the digital networking environment.
Sessions: March 8th- March 22nd, 2018
Instructor: Lidia Varbanova
Standard Fee: $325
For more information and registration, please visit https://extendedlearning.ubc.ca/courses/online-workshop-cultural-practices-strategies-digital-realm/uc033