Covid-19 Greeter and Safety Clerk
Place des Arts
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME 12 WEEK CONTRACT (35 hours per week)
Place des Arts seeks two enthusiastic, safety-conscious and capable team players to assist with greeting and ensuring the safety of Place des Arts patrons this fall for a temporary full-time 12 week contract.
PLACE DES ARTS
Place des Arts is an established not-for-profit arts centre in Coquitlam. With a mission to inspire the artist in everyone, Place des Arts offers quality arts education programs in the visual and performing arts for all ages and abilities. The centre’s Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and its annual program of events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing diverse members of the community together to experience the arts.
Reporting to the shift supervisor, the COVID-19 Greeter and Safety Clerk is responsible for providing first-rate customer service by checking in our students for their classes and lessons and greeting and responding to in-person visitor requests. Responsibilities also include ensuring that all students and visitors are aware of, and abide by, Place des Arts’ COVID-19 Safety Plan. Flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts is required.
- Communicate and implement Place des Arts’ COVID-19 Safety Plan with students and visitors
- Understand emergency and illness procedures and assist with evacuation and isolation of students and visitors when required
- Respond to in-person student/visitor inquiries about supply pick-ups, viewing our exhibition galleries, and visiting our Artisan Shop
- Verify that all students entering Place des Arts’ facilities have completed the screening questionnaire and ensure that visitors sign the visitor log for contact tracing purposes
- During busy periods, monitor the capacity of the visitor seating area
- During busy periods, assist with managing pedestrian traffic flow and implementing physical distancing protocols within Place des Arts’ facilities
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces in common areas and in studios between classes
- Assist with event hosting duties, as required
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and to think critically
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Team player
- Approachable and flexible with an eagerness to learn
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- Working knowledge of another language such as Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi is an asset
- Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector check
- Ability to work in a shared workspace
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and to assist with room set-ups for events
- Willing to work additional shifts to cover off illness, vacation and special events
- Be at least 18 years old and no older than 29 years old at the start of employment
- Be unemployed or precariously employed
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons (as designated under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) entitled to work in Canada
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, résumé and references to the attention of Joan McCauley, Executive Director at email@example.com by 5 pm on September 27, 2020.
Place des Arts welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed on October 1 and 2, 2020. The successful candidates will start as soon as possible.
This is a temporary, full-time 12 week contract (35 hours/week) with a starting wage of $16/hour plus 4% vacation pay.