Culture Days Producer
Town of Halton Hills
Contract Position – Up to 9 Months
POSTING No. 202020
Come join our team! We are looking for a candidate that shares our corporate values of Honesty, Excellence, Team, Fun, Creativity and Respect. These values are second nature for the successful candidate and are demonstrated in their work and interactions with colleagues and the community.
Reporting to the Senior Arts and Culture Specialist, this position is responsible for all aspects of organizing and presenting the Town of Halton Hills’ annual Culture Days celebration, including programming, coordination with activity organizers, volunteer management, and marketing and communications. This position also supports cultural programming and the work plan of the Cultural Services section.
- Oversee, convene and communicate with the Culture Days Committee
- Communicate with provincial and national Culture Days organizations, and represent Halton Hills in these forums
- Conduct outreach to potential activity organizers, support them in developing their activities and assist them in registration on the national Culture Days website
- Maintain partnership relationships that support Culture Days
- Schedule and program the Library & Cultural Centre as a Culture Days hub
- Organize the Culture Days launch event
- Train, support, schedule and supervise volunteers for Culture Days
- Supervise the Culture Days Summer Student
- Coordinate the Culture Days marketing and communications campaign in coordination with Corporate Communications, including digital and print advertising, creation of the Culture Days Program Booklet, development of a range of marketing materials and social media campaigns
- Evaluate the Culture Days celebrations including conducting debrief sessions with stakeholders
- Undertake post-event wrap up, including organizing photos and video content, collating marketing campaign impact data, creating reports and recognizing achievements
- Support cultural programming in Town Facilities
- Supports the overall work plan of the Cultural Services section
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Arts Administration, Cultural Management, Cultural Studies, Museum Studies, Event Management, Community Art, Communications and Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of two years’ of experience in the arts and culture sector
- Experience working effectively with community agencies, municipal government, the arts and culture sector, and the general public
- Proven experience in event planning and implementation
- Experience developing cultural programming
- Strong logistical and scheduling skills
- Experience in volunteer management
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience coordinating with artists, and arts and cultural organizations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under time constraints and to be flexible in response to changing workload demands
- Experience in digital and traditional marketing and communications
- Proven organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the cultural sector, including best practices and trends
- Positive, solution-oriented and customer service-focused attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently, serving the needs of the public and co-workers
- Knowledge of photo editing and graphic design tools is considered an asset
- Able to lift objects up to 10 kilograms, as required
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
The rate for this full time contract position is $28.33 - $33.73 per hour.
The successful candidate will have to work some evenings and weekends, including the Culture Days weekend (September 25, 26 & 27).
Qualified candidates may submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence to the Town by 4:30 p.m., March 9, 2020.
Please quote Posting No. 202020 on your cover letter. Please apply using only one method of application below.
Attn: Human Resources Town of Halton Hills
1 Halton Hills Drive Halton Hills, ON
Posting No. 202020
We thank all those who apply, but advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Halton Hills is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted for an interview, please advise the Human Resources staff of any measures you feel you need to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001, c.25) and will be used to select a candidate. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager of Human Resources.