North Vancouver Recreation & Culture
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities. NVRC offers a wide range of recreation, social, health, and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages and abilities.
NVRC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader who is enthusiastic about providing strategic and operational leadership and is passionate about improving quality of life in North Vancouver.
Description of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation and Culture Services, you will collaborate with and provide expertise to a team of staff responsible for community recreation and cultural services. This position includes planning, developing, co-ordinating and evaluating the impact of recreational, social and cultural activities and programs; oversight of facility operations in an assigned geographic area and working with community groups and associations, partners and other municipal departments.
Candidates Have Experience In:
Inspiring and coaching staff to be a high-performing team
- Leading a team to achieve excellence in service delivery, facility operations, community relationships and the customer’s experience
- Asking the right questions and thinking critically to evolve practices and processes
- Translating community and customer research into strategies
- Working collaboratively with community organizations, school boards and other organizations to deliver services
- Managing and monitoring of annual operating budgets
- Being a steward of taxpayer dollars
Candidates also have:
- Broad knowledge of proven ways for municipal recreation to change lives and build community
- Exposure to different recreation service delivery models and in-depth knowledge of best practices in our sector
- The ability to translate vision into action and in a manner that can rally staff around
- The ability to embrace change and inspire organizational transformation
- The ability to build trust and be a credible and thoughtful resource
- Experience in working within a union and non-unionized work environment
- Expertise in building and sustaining formal and informal partnerships
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Political acumen
Candidates will have a Degree in Recreation studies or related discipline, with a minimum of five to eight years’ experience in a leadership role. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
This is an exempt, regular full-time 37.5 hour work week position involving flexible hours.
All employees must be available to work at any North Vancouver Recreation & Culture location. All candidates are required to submit a Police Record Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment. Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
CLOSING DATE: February 24, 2020
Please apply online at www.nvrc.ca/employment quoting Competition #20012E
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.