*Deadline Extended* Resource Development Coordinator
Place des Arts
PERMANENT FULL TIME (37.5 hours per week)
Place des Arts is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled fundraiser to join our growing organization. You are a self-starter with a keen interest in the arts who is committed to advancing Place des Arts’ vision, mission and values.
Place des Arts
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts. Our Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and our events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing together diverse members of the community to experience the arts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resource Development Coordinator (RDC) is responsible for managing all Place des Arts’ fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop an annual fundraising strategy
- Manage all aspects of the fundraising process, from research/prospecting and initial approach, to grant writing, budgeting, evaluation, and reporting
- Solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships and donations from the private sector and individuals.
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual online fundraising auction including donation requests, donor recognition, marketing and managing the auction website
- Manage gifts in-kind for the organization including tracking and recognition, be the first point of contact for donors on the phone and in-person.
- Proactively build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with funders and coordinate funder recognition programs.
- Administer the Place des Arts Endowment Fund
- Work with the Financial Coordinator to issue charitable tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines and regulations
- Maintain accurate records and files for resource development initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in a related field or an equivalent of experience and formal training.
- At least 2-3 years’ related experience
- Experience writing grant applications
- An ability to take initiative and work independently
- Knowledge of community resources and funding bodies
- Superb writing and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of standard Microsoft office software
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Knowledge of WordPress Content Management System is an asset
- Police Information Check with a vulnerable sector check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
How to apply:
A cover letter, résumé, writing samples and references are required and must be submitted by February 24, 2020 by email to: email@example.com, attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director.
Place des Arts would like to thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be scheduled for an in-person interview on March 4 or 5. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
Place des Arts welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours/week) with a starting salary of $50,000
Benefits include extended health, Municipal Pension Plan and 12 paid sick days per year.