Arts & Cultural Programmer
City of Prince Albert
Located in the heartland of northern Saskatchewan, the City of Prince Albert is a vibrant and innovative municipality that prides itself on being a family focused community. Situated just minutes from lake country, the City of Prince Albert is a recreational paradise that offers all the benefits of big city amenities including access to arts, entertainment and unique cultural experiences. The City is leading the way in creating an active, prosperous and healthy City of opportunity for our 36,000 residents.
The City of Prince Albert has an opportunity available for a motivated individual to fill the role of Arts & Cultural Programmer. The position is responsible for the administration and planning of arts and culture programs and opportunities. The position will be a key contact at the Prince Albert Arts Centre, providing information and exceptional customer service to user groups and the general public, relating to arts and culture initiatives undertaken by the department.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Programming Duties
- Develop, implement, promote and evaluate arts and culture programs, events and opportunities in response to public needs and in keeping with innovations in the industry.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, schedule, train and monitor the performance of program instruction and facility personnel.
- Schedule and co-ordinate arts and culture facilities and programs, and ensure appropriate space, equipment and supplies are provided and/or available.
- Recommend, administer and monitor appropriate budgetary provisions for programs and services.
- Recommend policy and procedures as they relate to effective and efficient operations.
- Research, apply for and follow up on grant funding to support arts and culture programming and opportunities.
- Work with and provide support to community agencies, clubs, guilds and associations in the promotion, delivery and co-ordination of arts and culture programs and opportunities.
- Key Administrative and Customer Service Duties
- Invoice, collect, account for and deposit cash receipts.
- Accurately record and report data in applicable databases, documents or spreadsheets.
- Perform building supervision responsibilities as required.
- Assist user groups and the public with information and scheduling requests.
Qualifications (Education, Training, Experience)
- Grade 12 or equivalent; and
- Diploma from an accredited institution related to recreation or fine arts; and
- Minimum of one year related experience.
The City of Prince Albert offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package and a defined benefit pension plan.
To further explore this opportunity, please apply online by Friday, November 15, 2019 at https://www.citypa.ca/en/city-hall/jobs.aspx.