Cultural Development Coordinator
Town of Lincoln
Situated in picturesque Niagara, the Town of Lincoln is home to more than 50 of the region’s award-winning wineries, a diverse landscape, and a growing population. The unique environment encompasses Lake Ontario as well as the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Cultural Development Coordinator will be responsible for the research, coordination, delivery, marketing and promotion of cultural development activities, projects and programs for the Town including the organization of various cultural sector development events in partnership with external organizations. This position oversees and supervises the day-to-day operational requirements of the Town of Lincoln Museum & Cultural Centre including staff and volunteers. In addition, this position is responsible for leading the implementation of cultural programs and projects fostering the growth of the Town as a cultural tourism destination and as a creative community.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in Arts, Culture, Heritage, Business Communications, Tourism, Recreation or equivalency;
- Experience in community relations, corporate partnerships and cultural entities;
- Possession of the Ontario Museum Association Certificate would be an asset
- Minimum five (5) years related experience, preferably in a municipal setting;
- Experience leading in a supervisory capacity;
- Well developed project management and leadership skills;
- Excellent research and analytical skills to support policy development;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to coordinate, plan, implement, evaluate and organize cultural programs for a wide variety of age groups and backgrounds;
- Demonstrated success with community engagement and outreach initiatives;
- Strong organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive workplace, the salary range for this position (based on a 35-hour work week) is $67,175 – 75,606.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 PM on Monday, June 3, 2019 to:
- Online: https://lincoln.ca/career-application-form
- Email: noting the position in the subject line
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.