Place des arts
Place des Arts provides quality arts education in visual arts, music, dance and drama for all ages and skill levels. We offer a friendly, non-competitive environment where students are encouraged to learn and to develop an appreciation of the arts.We are seeking committed, qualified candidate(s) to teach jazz and lyrical dance classes to children and teens for our 2019-2020 season. Candidates must be available to teach on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays between 3-9pm from September 2019 to June 2020.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in dance and/or equivalent training and experience
- Previous experience choreographing pieces for competition and/or dance recitals
- Minimum of 2-years teaching experience working with students of various ages and abilities
- Must have experience teaching children and youth
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
- Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
- Highly responsible and punctual
- Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
- Eager to participate in, and contribute to, our vibrant centre
All submissions should include the following information
- Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience and personal teaching philosophy
- Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
- Schedule of availability between September 2019 to June 2020
Starting at $40 per hour
Instructors are contracted to a self-employment agreement. Place des Arts coordinates studio space, scheduling, registration and program promotions. All Place des Arts instructors are required to obtain and provide a Police Information Check prior to teaching at Place des Arts.
Please visit our website http://www.placedesarts.ca for general information regarding the centre.
Send your application c/o Jessie Au, Sr. Fine and Performing Arts Programmer. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.