Senior Planner, Facility Design
Provides senior transportation planning expertise and leadership to projects of medium/higher scope in support of a designated program related to transportation policy, forecasting, or infrastructure / service development in an integrated, multi-modal environment.
- Contributes senior transportation planning expertise to development of program/project strategies, plans and tactics.
- Provides senior technical guidance, sharing the benefit of an advanced level of expertise with other planning professionals, while also providing leadership to designated projects.
- Develops advanced transportation planning, methods, techniques and models in support of designated project deliverables, ensuring compliance with department standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes as a member of a program team, providing a senior level of transportation planning expertise, identifying and recommending action on planning and project risks and opportunities, based on analysis of transport data, trends, and issues. Alerts Manager to critical issues.
- Collaborates with leaders and professionals across the organization, with a view to optimizing planning services and project outcomes.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, keeping them informed and resolving issues. Provides senior technical support and advice to municipal/provincial working teams and advisory committees.
- Oversees contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance.
- Provides technical guidance to other planning professionals, including involvement in development and performance management.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position are acquired through a Master’s degree in Planning, Engineering or a related discipline, plus four (4) years’ experience providing an advanced level of expertise and leading projects in an agency specializing in planning or transportation,
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of transportation planning
- Sound knowledge of plans, products, roles and responsibilities of government agencies, NGOs and associations.
- Sound Leadership skills to provide a senior level of technical guidance and expertise to other transportation planning professionals and to lead projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to identify and assess impact of transportation planning and project-related risks and opportunities in an integrated, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to develop and deliver reports and presentations.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build trust by consulting with others and applying a team approach and negotiation skills as they pertain to contracts.
- Sound decision making skills to make recommendations/resolve transportation planning and project-related issues, and conflict resolution skills to mitigate and minimize project risks and issues.
Work Schedule37.5 hours per week
Salary starting at $74,416 per annumOther Information
This position is specifically related to Translink’s Public Art Program, within the Facility Design Group, and the successful candidate will be involved all aspects of planning, delivering and project close out of various public art initiatives on our transit system.The ideal candidate for this position would have experience in project/program coordinator and be knowledgeable about contemporary art, familiar with the theory, principles, practices and procedures of art programs and is passionate about improving the customer experience on our transit network.
A background in public art, fine arts, arts project management / coordination or art conservation, through previous work experience, formal education or a combination of both, is an asset but not mandatory for the role.Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
How to ApplyINSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Application Deadline: Until filled
TransLink is committed to employment equity.