Program Coordinator - Arts & Culture Marketing
District of West Vancouver
- Develop and implement short and long-term marketing strategies and advertising campaigns in order to create and increase brand awareness.
- Coordinate the activation of community events and sponsorships to ensure maximum brand visibility and lead generation; from invitations, marketing materials and social media efforts; to working with vendors and coordinating cross promotional efforts.
- Coordinate with internal team and Communications Department to develop layouts for specified types of event communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, flyers, and e-newsletters.
- Draft sponsorship communication, including, sponsorship reports, proposals and email correspondence.
- Provide ideas, recommendations, and plans to contribute to the optimization of marketing strategies; and keeping up-to-date on industry activities and trends.
- Execute marketing plans, campaigns, and strategies in line with the agreed budget.
- Facilitate planning, development, coordination, communication, implementation, and evaluation of community partnerships.
- Initiate grant application forms, related questionnaires, and reports
- Identify funding resources and coordinate partnership grant proposals and fundraising activities.
- Oversee external contractors within the communication contracts of the division.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude, the ability to adapt to departmental needs in a proactive and strategic manner, impeccable interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Products. Proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with excellent attention to detail; considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques governing events and festivals marketing. Preference will be given to candidates with three to five years of related professional marketing experience.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$30.37 - $35.77 per hour
11:59 p.m. Thursday October 18, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.