EA Rawlinson Centre for the Arts
The City of Prince Albert is located in the broad valley of the North Saskatchewan River near the geographic centre of the province of Saskatchewan where the agricultural prairie of the south and the rich forest belt of the north meet. Prince Albert is a major service centre and regional market area for 175,000+ people in central and northern Saskatchewan. The beauty of the area, access to lakes and parks minutes away, a friendly environment, a prosperous community with a diverse economy and a commitment to growth offers a balanced quality lifestyle.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the City of Prince Albert has an opportunity available for a motivated individual to provide leadership and management of the EA Rawlinson Centre for the Arts. The EA Rawlinson Centre is the hub of arts and cultural activities in Prince Albert. It houses both the Mann Art Gallery and the 600+ seat Olive and John G. Diefenbaker Theatre. The facility is owned & operated by the City of Prince Albert. The Mann Art Gallery organization is governed by a separate Board of Directors and membership. The Centre presents a combination of professional and community events and programs. The Centre is also often rented for other events, including graduations, art shows and conventions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and provide direction to employees, volunteers and associated Centre programs.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the scheduling of events and programs.
- Prepare, maintain and manage the annual budget for the Centre.
- Form necessary partnerships with Sponsors to develop and implement quality events & programs.
- Research, write and follow-up with grant applications and programs.
- Investigate and report on various issues through Senior Administration and public inquiries.
- Develop strategic direction for the Centre that aligns with the Community Services Master Plan.
- Prepare contracts and marketing plans for the Centre’s events and programs.
- Develop and implement programs in response to public needs and in keeping with innovations in the industry.
- A four year degree related to the Performing Arts, Culture and Facility Management.
- 5 years’ experience working with the development, coordination and evaluation of Arts, Culture & Entertainment Events and Programs.
- Experience with the Technical and Front of House requirement of a Performing Arts & Entertainment Centre.
- Ability to develop and build strong working relationships with Elected Officials, Senior Administration, Volunteers and the Public.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with proven leadership abilities.
The City of Prince Albert offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package and a defined benefit pension plan.
To explore this opportunity in complete confidence, please apply online by Friday, March 9, 2018 at http://citypa.ca/City-Hall/Job-Opportunities.