Theatre Calgary is looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful team player who thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on, creative environment to be its new Director of Development.
Reporting to the Executive Director and supported by a dynamic department of five, primary responsibilities of this role include: advancement of fund development strategies, building the company’s contributed revenue base, and, in partnership with the Executive Director, the cultivating and stewarding of relationships with key stakeholders, including community, foundation, business leaders, our Board of Directors and our general patron base.
The ideal candidate would be an optimistic and generous individual skilled in connecting people to their passion. The right person feels comfortable working in a creative environment and has experience with: strategic planning, corporate acquisition and renewal, individual major gifts, legacy giving, and fund-raising communications, in addition to managing teams, campaigns and executive oversight of special events.KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing an annual fund development and sponsorship plan, with related strategies for Theatre Calgary that involves corporate and individual giving, sponsorships, gala fundraisers and foundation grants;
- Researching, planning, implementing and directing the activities of the development department towards the goal of maximizing overall net contributed revenues;
- Enhancing the profile of the Theatre Calgary as a premier local and national institution for sponsors and donors through business-to-business sales coordination and research, liaising with existing and potential sponsors, managing and prioritizing communications, and processing information for dissemination to the Executive Director and Board committees while working with internal departments to ensure sponsor requirements are met;
- Together with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, identifying and strengthening current and prospective individual stakeholder relationships towards building a robust major gifts program and bequest program;
- Working across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop and leverage the Theatre Calgary offerings and assets, embracing new, innovative sponsorship models as well as best practices;
- Overseeing the management of a robust fund-raising database (Tessitura) including establishing policies for recording, maintaining and updating current donor and prospective donor information;
- Setting achievable annual development revenue and budget goals in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Executive Director;
- Overseeing the creation and management of stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of the theatre’s ability to deliver client benefits;
- Together with the Executive Director, servicing, cultivating and building relationships with current and prospective sponsors;
- Leading the creation of sponsor agreements on behalf of the theatre; and
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of related fund development experience, achieving annual department revenue goals of $1.5M or more;
- Demonstrated success in building a major individual gifts program;
- Demonstrated success in achieving innovative sponsor partnerships that provide a high return on investment;
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment, and an appreciation of the performing arts;
- Awareness/experience/direct knowledge of the Western Canadian fund development landscape is preferred;
- Experience in building and managing a high-functioning and positive team culture;
- Proficiency in Tessitura would be considered an asset; and
- Exceptional communication, customer service, time management skills with the ability to prioritize and keen attention to detail.
Theatre Calgary offers a unique and exciting work environment, a robust total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training. Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, salary expectations, and list of references by Friday, November 3, 2017 in confidence to:
GENOVESE, VANDERHOOF & ASSOCIATES
77 Carlton Street, Suite 1103
Toronto, ON M5B 2J7
For additional information, see:
www.genovesevanderhoof.com or www.theatrecalgary.com