Public Art Award
The Award of Excellence – Public Art recognizes a Canadian municipality* that demonstrated visionary leadership by supporting an excellent program and process that led to a successful public art project or program.Eligibility:
This Award is open to a Canadian municipality* that unveiled a public art project within 24 months of the Award Program submission deadline or has an ongoing public art program.
- Demonstrates excellence in the field of public art practice and arts administration.
- Exemplifies the power of public art to enhance connections between people, place and culture.
- Includes a public engagement component and the artwork - whether permanent or temporary - is accessible to the public.
- Demonstrates best practice to achieve the optimum fit among community aspirations, public benefit and artistic practice;
- Demonstrates, if applicable, a fair and equitable adjudication process;
- Facilitates community-building, cultural development, and community animation;
- Demonstrates, if applicable, best practice regarding: site selection, request for proposals, community engagement, installation, maintenance and strategic integration with local government services.
- Municipal governments
Regional governments Arts Councils Band Councils