Cultural Planning Award
The Award of Excellence – Cultural Planning recognizes a Canadian municipality* that has developed, adopted and implemented an excellent Culture Plan with a process that demonstrates outstanding visionary leadership and best practices in cultural planning or a Canadian municipality that has reviewed, revitalized and implemented a previously adopted Culture Plan.
Eligibility for Award:
1. Demonstrates excellence in cultural planning practice;
2. Demonstrates the collaborative processes of public engagement using creative engagement tools and techniques; and shows the integration of the information gathered from the public process;3. Embodies accessibility, diversity and inclusivity;
4. Identifies, assesses, and leverages the municipality’s cultural assets and resources;5. Demonstrates a strategic integration with local government services;
6. Demonstrates an effective implementation strategy, including monitoring and evaluation, where applicable;7. Contributes to vitality of the community through integration of all aspects of sustainability (cultural, social, economic and environmental);
8. Encourages an innovative approach and a vision relevant to the community.
o Municipal governments
o Regional governments
o Arts Councils
o Band Councils
HOW TO NOMINATE ONLINE