Cultural Events Award
The Award of Excellence – Cultural Events recognizes a Canadian municipality* that demonstrated visionary leadership by initiating, creating and producing an exceptional cultural event or by empowering and supporting a community initiative that led to an exceptional cultural event. Cultural events can include celebrations, festivals, exhibitions, performances and programs.Eligibility:
This Award is open to a Canadian municipality* that initiated, created and produced a Cultural Event or empowered their community to produce a Cultural Event within 24 months of the Award Program submission deadline. It is also open to a Canadian municipality* that initiated, created and produced an ongoing Cultural Event or empowered their community to produce an ongoing Cultural Event.
1. Demonstrates excellence in arts, culture and heritage administration;
2. Encourages accessibility by reducing barriers to participation;
3. Provides unique opportunities for the public to engage as participants and/or as audience members;
4. Facilitates a meaningful and transformative experience for the individual and the community;
5. Develops new partnerships, and strengthens existing partnerships with artists, arts organizations, not-for-profits, businesses and/or educational institutions;
6. Contributes to social and cultural cohesion, diversity, community identity, sustainability as well as economic and cultural development;
7. Enhances the vitality and vibrancy of the community.
∗ Includes eligible organizations as outlined in General Eligibility for all Awards.
o Municipal governments
o Regional governments
o Arts Councils
o Band Councils